The Incontinence Supplies Grant program is for children and youth who:
- are residents of Ontario between the ages of 3 to 18 years
- have a valid Ontario Health Card
- have a chronic disability (physical or developmental) that results in irreversible incontinence or retention problems lasting longer than six months and require the use of incontinence supplies
- Children under the age of 3 may be eligible if they have a medical condition which results in the use of catheters (e.g. Spina Bifida) or specialized diapers (e.g. Prune Belly or Vesicostomy)
Who can not apply?
The program is not for children or youth who are:
- Bedwetting (Enuresis), usually occurring at night or during daytime naps
- Stool soiling (Encopresis) without an underlying medical condition as stated in criteria
- Children whose health coverage is through the Interim Federal Health Program
- Residing in acute/chronic care hospitals or Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS) residential facility
- Covered under the Workplace & Insurance Board (WSIB) for a work related injury
Incontinence supplies include diapers, pull ups, attends, swimmers and catheters including straight, foley and drainage bags.
The grant does NOT cover gloves, wipes, creams, clothing, bed linens, laundry detergent.
insert links to the other sections on IG