To comply with the program requirements each child or youth receiving the Incontinence Supplies Grant is reviewed approximately every two years. The purpose of the review is to confirm current spending on incontinence supplies and whether the grant level should be increased, decreased or cancelled.
When a review is scheduled:
- A letter is sent requesting an update on the file and 6 consecutive months of current receipts.
- You must keep all your receipts for the review (including grocery receipts, if purchased when grocery shopping).
- While you are on review you will not receive any payments.
- If your receipts do not adequately reflect your grant level amount, your grant may be reduced or cancelled.
How are receipts submitted?
All receipts must show the product purchased, the amount and the date of purchase.
Original, complete receipts (do not cut off portions of a receipt or use a highlighter). Receipts are destroyed after they are reviewed. Original receipts can be returned if specifically requested.
Email or Fax
Photocopied or electronically submitted receipts must be submitted in a legible format; receipts that are altered or folded/overlapping are not accepted.
What happens if you don’t have receipts?
- Reviews are always sent out following a payment.
- Submit your review form and receipts as soon as possible to avoid missed payments.
- If no response to a review is received within 1 year, the grant is cancelled. You will need to reapply to the program and provide 4 months of current receipts.
- Retroactive payments are not available.
How long is the review process?
Please allow 4-6 weeks to process your review.
What if my child no longer requires the grant?
Please contact the program to cancel the grant so that funding can be allocated to another family in need. If you have recently received a payment, please return it to the program as payments are to purchase incontinence supplies for the 6 months following a payment.